Cockpit interior 3D-Decal for 1/48 scale Vought F4U-1D Corsair Tamiya model kit.
- Since 3D-Decals are significantly thicker than usual ones, we advise using additional adhesive to put them in place. PVA-based glue is recommended, although Microscale MetalFoil Adhesive or acrylic lacquer (such as Tamiya X-22 or Future Pledge) can also be successfully used.
- Small parts can also be glued with cyanoacrylate glue. Keep in mind that using such glue requires extra accuracy, quickness, and careful positioning are required since the drying time for cyanoacrylate glue is very short. cyanoacrylate gel-based glues may be used for preference since they do give users more time to position the part.
!!! Using decal softener solutions (Micro Set/Sol, Gunze Mr.Decal, etc.) is NOT RECOMMENDED! You risk dissolution and damage to the embossed surface, losing the part of detail due to its softening.!!!
- Prepare plastic kit parts for use. In some cases removing the raised details on kit parts may be required (see decal instructions for speciﬁcs).
- Optionally, kit plastic parts may be primed or painted to provide better adhesion for 3D-Decal.
- Carefully apply glue to a plastic kit part in a uniform thin layer. When using Microscale Metal Foil Adhesive, make sure it is transparent ﬁrst, then glue the part.
- Separate the 3D-Decal part from its paper base, submerging it into warm water (just as you would do with a conventional water-slide decal), then position it upon the plastic kit part. Give it some time to dry (approx. 20 mins).
- To ensure extra adhesion, you may want to use cyanoacrylate glue applied to the side of the 3D-Decal part. CAREFUL! We recommend using a bamboo toothpick or thin wire micro-loop for this work. Using the glue tube directly itself is not recommended.
If small elements or seat belts are present in the 3D-Decal layout, we recommend using cyanoacrylate glue, or cyanoacrylate-gel:
- Squeeze a drop of cyanoacrylate glue out of the tube onto a separate surface.
- Dip a toothpick or wire micro-loop into it. Miniscule drop of glue should remain on a p of a toothpick.
- Carefully put this minuscule drop onto the plastic kit part.
- Separate the 3D-Decal part in warm water, then remove water from it with a dry napkin (paper or fabric), or dry brush.
- Put the 3D-Decal part in its place on the drop of glue (see step 3). Use sharp tweezers, or a needle, or a tip of a modeling knife, or a wet brush.
- Carefully and quickly position the 3D-Decal part.
We hope you'll have fun and achieve good results with Quinta Studio products on your model kit.
|Contain||1 set decals, and manual instruction|
|Manual Instruction Language||English|
|Product Description||3D decals for cockpit interior aircraft model kit|
|Product Dimension||12 cm x 7 cm|
|Suitable Ages||14 years to adult|
- Stock: 2
- Reward Points: 1
- Weight: 0.12kg
- Dimensions: 27.00cm x 21.00cm x 1.00cm
- SKU: QD48108
- MPN: QD48108